1. Set-up a proper organization as from the beginning
It is advised to design 3 separate areas dedicated to their respective activities:
- Cooking area – it consists of the oven, the stove and the cooking utensils.
- Kitchenware (dish) area – it consists of the dishwasher (if any), the kitchen sink and the most-used kitchenware everyday.
- Storage area – it consists of the fridge and the food pantry where you keep sweet and salty products.
2. Limit your food storage
We tend to do buy all of our groceries at once. However, by the end of the month, almost half of our groceries are perishing. The best timing for perishable food is to buy them only when we are going to use them or for the following week. You will waste less food and keep fruit flies away.
3. Use glass jars
One thing that every kitchen needs is a set of glass jars. Perfect for storing spices and dry ingredients, they will preserve and protect your food from insects. They are also great for decoration, with a variety of products and colours, and will keep your ingredients at hand while cooking.
4. Adopt new cleaning habits daily
5. Clean your cutting boards
Follow these tips and adopt these new habits! They will change the way you live and will motivate you to cook.