A no-kneading bread. Suitable for the laziest of us, and for those wishing to save precious hours spent in the kitchen. The easy and ingenious recipe below, is from Anoushka Aodhorah from Peachy Tales.
Preparation time : 15 mins – Proof (12-18hrs)
Cooking time : 45 mins
- 2 1/4 tsp. of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of multi-purpose flour and a bit of flour for sprinkling.
- The dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast until all is well stirred.
Add water until the dough holds together. Cover the bowl with a plastic food film and let stand for 12-18 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C. Heat a saucepan in the oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, if your dough is blown up and loose, and small bubbles have formed on top of it, place it on a surface previously sprinkled with flour. Fold the dough into a square and slowly form a ball with flour on the outside. Place on baking paper and cover with a cloth.
- The cooking: Remove the cloth. Place the dough with the baking paper in the hot pan. Cook for 30 minutes with a lid on. Then, remove the lid and cook for 10-15 mins so that the bread turns crispy, and into a beautiful golden color.
Peachy Tales advises to let the dough stand during the night, which has an ideal temperature.