Preparation: 1 hour.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for 5 pers.
● 250 g soft butter
● 1 cup granulated sugar
● 3 eggs
● 3 cups flour
● 1 tbs vanilla extract
● 2 cups icing sugar
● 1 cup of hot water
● 1 pinch of red food coloring
● 500 g of coconut powder
● 3 tbs Of strawberry jam
● 50 g of butter cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Butter a pan of 20 x 30 cm and 3 cm deep. Lay baking paper in.
3. Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one by one.
4. Add half of the flour by sifting it and them mix. Incorporate the remaining flour and mix.
5. Pour into the pan and cook for 30 minutes. Then, let it rest in the mold for 10 minutes, unmould and let the cake cool down on a rack. Cover with a clean cloth.
6. Heat two cups of water in a saucepan. Add the two cups of icing sugar, the food coloring, as well as the strawberry jam. Mix to obtain a thick frosting. Let it cool down.
7. Cut the cake into 15 parts. Put the coconut powder in a plate. Using a fork, soak a piece of cake in the frosting. Drain and then soak in the coconut powder. Let the cake dry on a rack. Repeat with the other cakes. Reserve for 2 hours before serving with a small amount of butter cream (for butter cream, whisk the butter in a bowl then add half of the icing sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add the other half Icing sugar and 1 tbsp of milk and mix).
Source: Magazine Lacase No 47
Recipe: Anoushka Aodhorah – Peachy Tales