Ingredients for 5 to 8 people
For the cake: 1½ cups sugar, 2 cups pastry flour, 1½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. of baking soda, 1/2 tsp. of table salt, 250 g softened soft butter, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup plain yoghurt, 2 tbsp. of vanilla flavoring, 1 bar of dark chocolate.
For the trifle: 425 g of pitted cherries, cherry juice or cherry liqueur, 500 ml of whipped cream, half a cup of icing sugar, 2 cups of cherries and strawberries.
1. Preheat oven to 200 ° C for 20 minutes. Grease and line the bottom of 3 cake molds of diameter 20 cm with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
3. Melt butter and sugar in a “bain-marie”. Let cool and add the eggs, one by one. Mix until you obtain a light paste. Stir in the yoghurt and mix.
4. Stir in the dough in the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture into the molds and put in the oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
6. Mix 2 tbsp of cherry juice and cherry liquor and pour on the cake. Let cool.
7. Whip cream and icing sugar until light whipped cream is obtained.
8. Dressing: In a glass or dessert cup, start by spreading a layer of chocolate cake that you have reduced to crumble. Then spread the cherries, a layer of cream followed by strawberries cut in half. Repeat with a layer of crumble, whipped cream and finish with strawberries and cherries sprinkled with chocolate chips.
Source: Magazine Lacase No50
By | Marie Gouges
Photos | Jean-Noël Ahkee
Thanks to | S’Mall & Chic
With Anoushka Aodhorah, Peachy Tales