School is not always merry for a child. However, if the latter is accompanied by personalized objects filled with good mood, he or she will feel the cordial presence of his or her mom.
Small sport pocket
Robust and practical, this small jean pocket with his rivets will accompany the child for a long time on the way to school.
Dimensions: 35 X 40 cm
Fabrics and supplies
- 0,4 m of red cotton fabric (Swafing)
- checked fabric
- dotted and plain
- 0,8 m of braid
- 3,8 m of cord
- 2 eyelets diameter 11 mm (Prym)
- label or remains of gallon
- Bernina computerized sewing machine
- pattern available at Haujee & Sounds.
Pattern 50: 2 X triangle.
Pattern 51: 1 X each letter.
Cotton fabric of 62 X 35 cm, plus the surpluses.
Checked fabric: 2 elements of 35 X 19 cm, finished height 9.5 cm.
2 squares of 11 X 11 cm.
- Apply the letters to the centre to the squares. Place a mark on the lower centre of the red fabric. Sew the squares on the front of the small pocket.
- Fold up the triangle in the fold (dotted line). Iron/fold the surpluses in the diagonals, then sew on the small pocket over the lower fold. Fix the label or the rest of gallon on the side seam. Then, close it.
- Sew the braid on the higher edge of the red fabric. Close from the bottom 4 cm of the side seams of the checked fabric. Leave open 5 cm of seam and close the rest. Tuck the fabric in the fold, the left side resting inside. Sew the upper edge about 3 and 5.5 cm. Sew, on the right side, the checked fabric on the small pocket, the openings for the cord is found outside.
- Fix the eyelets in the lower angles. Divide the cord into 2 parts. Thread a cord from the left over the entire length, thread through the left eyelet and tie the ends. Thread the second cord from the right.
To store pencils on the left, the ruler and the eraser on the right and behind, other small essential objects. It even contains a small space for pocket money.
Dimensions: 22 X 9 cm, open toolkit – 22 X52 cm.
Fabrics and supplies
- cottonfabric(red, green and checked)
- 1 snap-button 12 mms in diameter (Prym)
- non-woven quilt to be ironed
- Vliesofi X for the letters
- 2,5 m of skew or surrounding ribbon
- 0,3 m of decorative rubber band (Welti)
- embroidery thread
- computerized Bernina machine
- the foot hemmer
- patterns available at Haujee & Sounds.
Pattern 47: 2 X-fold back pocket.
Pattern 48: 1 X letter and 1 X square.
Exterior and interior side of 22 X 52 without any surplus.
Pocket line of 14 X 52 cm, with surplus on top.
Red small pocket of 7.5 X 14 cm plus the surpluses.
- Iron the non-woven quilt on the external elements. Let it cool. Apply the letters on the squares. Sew the squares. It is prettier to super impose two squares per letter with a fine fabric. Fray the edges of the squares.
- Move the reference marks of cutting 49 on the tape. Cutting facilitates the outline of the provision of the elements and all that will be then surrounded of skew.
- Decorate the interior side about 3 cm with the higher edge with a line of large letters of 9 mm. Press each time on (pattern) repeat key (1 report). Only one pattern will be then automatically embroidered for the second alphabet.
- Pocket strip:Iron/fold the surpluses of the higher edge. Surround by a decorative ABC and points. Hem the red pocket on the place. Add the lower element of the snap fastener on the mark. Connect the fold with the pocket, turn and sew. Add the higher element of the snap-fastener. Fold the surpluses of the red pocket on the top and on the bottom. Close the snap-fastener. Fix the fold with the pocket, on the place of the strip pocket.
Slid the rubber band under the pocket according to the mark. Open the snap-fastener and sew the pocket. Place the right rubber band towards the left and cut it. Fold the surpluses and sew on the fabric. The rubber band is about 1 cm shorter than the difference between the drawn lines.
- Fix the pocket strip on the interior side and sew every 5 cm for the pencils. Fix the rule. Sew the pocket strip on the green fabric to the right-hand side and left-hand side of the rubber band.
- Fix the external side on the finished interior side. Cut around 1 m of skew, assemble and sew into a ribbon. Cut out a long ribbon and a short ribbon. Fix on the planed external right side. According to the skew, it is recommended to use the hemmer for the surroundings of the edges. Surround all the case.
An ordinary T-shirt turned into a new kind of clothing.
Dimensions: approximately 19 X 22 cm
Fabrics and supplies
- Farics of matching colors
- Embroidery thread
- ComputerizedBernina sewing machin
- Appliqué foot °20.
Cuttings 45 and 46 available at Haujee &Sounds.
- Copy the cuttings 45 and 46. Apply them. Firstly, apply the faces on a skin colour fabric. Always use Vliesofix and a non-woven embroidery. Embroider lines of letters on the table (to be programmed in the memory) or cut out each letter in fabric and apply them.
- Boy T-shirt: Sew a decorative ribbon in the shape of a support inside the hem of the sleeve, then turn it over and fix with a snap-fastener. Reinforce this area by ironing with Vlieseline on the back. Sew a snap-faster on the shirt.
- Girl T-shirt: Cut out three strips of 25cm for the braids and sew them on the hair. Tie the ribbons. Sew an elastic ribbon laces at the narrow zigzag point around the neck and of the hems of the handles.
Source: Magazine Lacase No45
With | Haujee & Sons