Here is another fun and easy-to-make DIY: homemade soap. It is the best alternative to industrial soap which may cause skin rash or allergies. This 100 % natural soap would be the perfect gift for those who love beauty and body care products.
- 10 ounces or 284g of goat milk or natural soap (no fragrance)
- A grapefruit or an orange
- A tablespoon of poppy seed
- 10 drops of grapefruit or orange essential oil
- 4 drops of mint essential oil
- A glass bowl to make the soap
- A grater
- A silicone mould
1. Cut the soap into cubes (280 g or 5-6 bars)
2. Put within reach the grapefruit, poppy seeds and essential oil
3. Melt the soap in the microwave for 30 secs or over the stove.
Stir with a wooden utensil to avoid burning the soap.
4. Once the soap is completely melted, pour the liquid into a measuring cup
5. Add in and mix the grapefruit zests, poppy seeds and essential oils
6. Pour the mixture into the silicone mould and wait until it hardens
Tips: Poppy seeds are great for exfoliating. Goat milk is hydrating for the skin. Grapefruits are also a good toner for the skin.