SOFT CUSHIONS. A BEAUTIFUL EMBROIDERED CURTAIN TO HIDE YOU FROM INQUISITIVE EYES. HERE IS AN IDEAL CORNER TO READ IN PEACE.
The curtain is dressed with leaves and the cord suggests a floral carpet
Fabrics and supplies
● White curtain fabric
● Remains of printed fabric (leaves) of the cushion
● Approximately 15 m of cord in a matching colour
● Aquarel marker or permanent marker
● Fabric stabilizer and a water soluble non-woven fabric
● Glue spray
● Sewing table
● Fray Check (Goldzack)
All the width in the desired height.
Loop by: overall length around 180 X 14 cm (finished width of 7 cm).
1. Hem the sides of the curtain. Sew the loops (finished dimension of 28 X 7 cm) and sew on the edges of the curtain with the overlapped corners. Finish the upper edge and sew the hem.
2. Draw the flowers with the marker according to the model. Sew the cord in freehand embroidery and follow the lines by starting with the stem. Do no fringe the ends of the cord but soak it in Fray Check. Cut some leaves from the fabric and apply.
All fabrics come from the same collection to create a perfect harmony of shades. Nicely divided, the large surfaces are dressed with broad edges which gives a professional touch to this cosy cushion.
Dimensions: 70 X 65 cm
Fabrics and supplies
● 0.4 m of red fabric of 150 cm broad ● 0.4 m of printed fabric (leaves) of 140 cm broad ● 0.3 m of dark red fabric of 150 cm broad
● 0.6 m of stripped fabric ● 0.7 m of underneath fabric ● 5.5 m of thick cord ● 0.65 m of non-woven quilt ● Foam flakes.
Top: cut all the elements. Each element from the framework are 16 cm broad, the center 37 X 32 cm. Side elements: 2 elements of 70 X 13 cm, 2 elements of 65 X 13 cm. Underneath: 70 X 65 cm. Welt: fabric strips of 45° to the straight thread, 4 cm broad and altogether 5.5 m length. Non-woven quilt: 2 elements of 62 X 70 cm per cushion.
1. Assemble and sew the elements and the center of the framework. Sew the side elements next to each other to form a ring.
2. Create the welt: sew the fabric strips next to each other and fold into two in the length. Place the cord in the strips
close and sew. Place the welt, right side to right side on the top and sew. Start about 10 cm before or after the corner and cut vertically the welt’s surpluses in the corners.
3. Reinforce the bottom with the welt and sew with the side elements, leave an opening of 30 cm. Turn the cushion, slide the two layers of non-woven quilt and stuff the foam flakes. Close the opening with some hand stitches.
With Haujee & Sons